Industry News Desk
Akana Platform v8 Now Available | @CloudExpo @AkanaInc #API #Cloud
Akana Platform upgrade simplifies advanced API Management with new capabilities and a new, intuitive UX/UI
Aug. 25, 2016 06:00 AM
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and App Developers to use.
This new version of the Akana Platform includes the following:
- New single UI/UX covering all major capabilities - this offers a much simplified user experience, saving time and effort to help customers deliver sophisticated use cases more quickly.
- Global deployment - allow customers to provide a global presence with regional data privacy compliance. This is enabled by the introduction of nosql data storage, GTM DNS automation, and visual deployment zone selection.
- New graphical API designer capabilities - allow customers to quickly and easily design and build API definitions with an easy to understand visualization tool.
- Multi DL import/generation/export - allow users to import APIs using any API descriptor language, and more importantly, to export any API descriptor regardless of how they defined the API. This allows API and App developers to use the tools they want to use to define and consume APIs.
- Process Orchestration
- You can now edit processes from the API platform UI for easier, lower cost integration development
- The processes now support split/join allowing parallel processing for exceptional performance, esp when building APIs from a set of microservices.
- Self-service tenant provisioning and monitoring for self-managing and reporting to better understand your usage and billing options.
- Enhanced API Documentation publication
- Built-in test client - better UX for developers
- Edit docs in designer - better options for API admins
"This next generation of the Akana Platform provides our customers with the ability to more quickly and easily design, implement, secure, manage, and publish their APIs," said Alistair Farquharson, Akana CTO. "The Akana Platform is truly global with exceptional performance and scale, meeting the most stringent security, privacy, and reliability standards for customers in any country or region."
Core platform capabilities:
- API Design - The Akana Platform provides a comprehensive API design platform. You can use a graphical tool to design your API from scratch or you can import API descriptor language of your choice. Once you have your design complete, the platform will then automatically generate all the common API descriptor documents for you.
- API Security - secure your APIs, protecting sensitive data while allowing access to authorized Apps and users, click here for more information on our security solution.
- Traffic Management - protect yourself against abuse and control the flow of traffic through your APIs with a rich set of routing and Quality of Service capabilities
- Mediation & Integration - easier, lower cost development with seamless mediation capabilities, allowing you to create modern, well-structured APIs from legacy assets with ease. It provides declarative mediation out of the box and includes a comprehensive orchestration capability where needed to create APIs from multiple backend sources.
- Developer Portal - low-cost, strong API marketing with a turnkey developer portal providing a social platform for API developers to design and document their APIs, and App developers to find and consume APIs. The Akana Platform is ideally suited to connect with different audiences
- API Analytics - understand the impact of your program with a powerful analytics engine. Built using a massively scalable, globally distributed noSQL store that is architected to meet international data privacy standards,click herefor more information on our analytics capabilities.
The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. For more information and a free trial go here http://bit.ly/1sIsUHE. Recently Akana was recognized as most promising banking technology solution provider and the Cloud Platform Innovation winner.
@ThingsExpo - The World's Largest 'Internet of Things' Event, November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center!
Secrets of Sponsors and Exhibitors ▸ Here
Secrets of Cloud Expo Speakers ▸ Here
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
@CloudExpo / @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley
(November 1-3, 2016, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA)
@CloudExpo / @ThingsExpo 2017 New York
(June 6-8, 2017, Javits Center, Manhattan)
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be.
Register for @CloudExpo/@ThingsExpo 'FREE' Before Friday! ▸ Here
Track 1: Enterprise Cloud & Digital Transformation
Track 2: Microservices | Cloud Hot Topics
Track 3: Internet of Things & Cloud
Track 4: APIs & Cloud Security
Track 5: Big Data Analytics
Track 6: DevOps, Continuous Delivery & Containers
Track 7: Enterprise IoT & IIoT
Track 8: IoT Developer
Track 9: Consumer IoT | IoT Hot Topics
Delegates to Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo will be able to attend 9 simultaneous, information-packed education tracks.
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content.
Join @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indispensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Expo® (@CloudExpo), Big Data Expo® (@BigDataExpo), DevOps Summit (@DevOpsSummit), @ThingsExpo® (@ThingsExpo), Containers Expo (@ContainersExpo) and Microservices Expo (@MicroservicesE).
Cloud Expo®, Big Data Expo® and @ThingsExpo® are registered trademarks of Cloud Expo, Inc., a SYS-CON Events company.