Compuware APM Raises the Bar on Application-Aware NPM Intelligence
Analytics for Citrix, Oracle, SAP and web applications delivers insight and troubleshooting speed
Jun. 26, 2013 08:08 AM
Compuware on Tuesday announced breakthroughs in Application-Aware Network Performance Monitoring (AA-NPM) and User Experience Management (UEM), delivering solutions that provide deep insight into the correlation between network and application performance, and how the network contributes to user experience.
Compuware APM empowers IT operations teams to immediately isolate faults that impact application performance and end-user experience across web, middleware, database and network tiers - including unique insight into proprietary "packaged" application environments.
Compuware is extending a complete solution for Citrix, Oracle E-Business, SAP and other applications by delivering new application-intelligent analysis that provides precise performance analysis with automatic recognition of individual business transactions and user names in real-time.
New Compuware APM capabilities for AA-NPM and UEM include:
- New Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Analysis: Auto-identify individual users, applications and transactions, and correlate performance to the supporting network infrastructure. Compuware APM uniquely correlates the Citrix traffic on the front-end to the back-end application to help IT teams identify who where and why users are facing performance issues.
- Extended SAP Analysis: Fully SAP-Certified, Compuware APM auto-discovers SAP transactions and users, providing IT teams with the immediate understanding of how application and infrastructure issues throughout the SAP landscape impact user performance. With increasing usage of Secure Network Communications (SNC) to encrypt transactions, only Compuware APM maintains visibility with SAP T-Code precision with the industry's only SNC support.
- Enhanced Oracle E-Business Suite Intelligence: Automated multi-level reporting presents information that reflects the performance of the Oracle E-Business Suite, identifying business processes that suffer from network quality issues or server response issues. Auto-discovery of individual users and transactions are presented with actionable error reports for Oracle Forms and web interfaces.
- Integrated Synthetic Monitoring: The "outside-in" performance monitoring provided via the Gomez Performance Network is now directly integrated with AA-NPM and UEM dashboards, delivering an end-to-end view of performance and availability.
- Mobile Application for APM Insight: Compuware APM's AA-NPM and UEM dashboards are now available on iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices, giving IT teams real-time access to status notifications and all key service metrics anytime, anywhere.
At Open Dealer Exchange, downtime isn't an option. "At all times, performance issues must be identified, analyzed and resolved in minutes, not hours," said Rob Sayre, Infrastructure Manager at Open Dealer Exchange. "Application-Aware Network Performance Monitoring provides fast problem identification and resolution that is critical in delivering high performance and quick response times for our customers. In addition to new application analysis features, the new Compuware APM mobile application provides our infrastructure team application performance alert status and report access from anywhere in the world, reducing the costly risk of performance issues and allowing Open Dealer Exchange to continue growth toward being a market leader."
Compuware APM passively looks at the network and captures raw network data - i.e. latency, packet loss rate - with zero overhead and an easy deployment model. It provides measurements of VDI, WAN optimization, VoIP and delivers application-layer insight across key enterprise environments, including: Web protocols, SAP, Oracle, SQL, Citrix, Cerner, EPIC, Adobe, Microsoft SharePoint, LDAP and many more.